As part of our continuing commitment to the environment, The Golden Hotel has made the following green efforts to support our planet and our community.
- 2011 City of Golden Sustainability Award Winner
- 2011 Recipient of the Eco-Excellence Award for Property Excellence through Choice Hotels International
- 2011 CHLA Green Hospitality Award Winner: 2nd place recipient for Lewis Hotels with our sister property the Boulder Creek Quality Inn & Suites
- Solar Powered: Proudly uses solar powered energy. View our Press Release
- Recycled Paper: Property wide printing and re-use of recycled paper
- Recycling Program: Back of the house recycling program addressing aluminum cans, glass bottles, paper, batteries, toner and more.
- Energy Efficiency: Property has been retrofitted to accommodate various size and wattage of energy efficient bulbs; installed motion sensor lighting in public restrooms, storage units, housekeeping closets and the fitness room, as well as completed an Xcel Energy efficiency audit. Installation of an occupancy monitoring system for our guest rooms.
- Water Conservation: Water efficient fixtures throughout the hotel and restaurant including duel flush toilets in all guest rooms.
- Products with Recycled Content: Purchasing products made of recycled material, purchasing non-toxic environmentally friendly products, as well as purchasing local and organic products
- Reduced Amenities Waste: Guest bathrooms are outfitted with Wave Brand shampoo, shower gel and conditioner dispensers; reducing the amount of plastic bottles in landfills. Our face soap and lotion are packaged in recycled materials.
- Towel and Linen Reuse: Guests have the opportunity to do their part by choosing to reuse bed linens and towels, reducing the energy, water and detergents required for daily washings.
- Green Team: Team members from all departments who are committed to our continued efforts to be an eco-friendly hotel.
Part of the Choice Hotels International Supports Green Practices Program “Supports Green Initiatives” designates a hotel’s participation in an optional environmental program that includes the use of energy-efficient lighting, guestroom towel / linen re-use and on-premise recycling.
The Golden Hotel offers guests the option to purchase a reusable water bottle. $0.50 of each purchase goes to the Colorado Carbon offset fund. An infused water fill station is set up at the hotel’s front desk for the guest’s convenience.